Sunday, November 25, 2012

Goals for 2013!


 The site of so many training days. 

Hmm, where to start.  Derek and I have had a nice bit of time off.  We've relaxed, taken a few drives in the Ferrari, went to Santa Barbara and just enjoyed a few weeks of not having to train all the time.  Oh, and studying.  Lots and lots of studying!  Derek bought my professional machine for me and I am learning to become one with it.  It's my second best friend, after Derek!
Max is jealous of "El Machino" he sits and stares at me.

All good things do come to an end and winter training is starting. I'm actually really looking forward to it.  It has been like summer in November so far, and I love my 70 degree days.  If it could always be 70-80 and sunny that would be my perfect!  Derek has been wishing for cold, and I think he's totally crazy!  He'll get "California cold" when we move to Sac next year, but until then I am enjoying every second of warm winter.  One day I'll actually need that Betty Designs long sleeve jersey, but until then I'm happy in short sleeves.
sunset in Santa Barbara. A perfect summer in November day!
 
Thanksgiving was awesome.  We stayed home and had prime rib with all the fixings, and wine.  Lots of wine!   Derek and I did manage to get in a nice ride early on in the day with a lot of climbing. I figured I needed to do something to earn that extra glass, or bottle of wine. Max didn't get to eat any of the scraps after last years fiasco where we made him super sick! Poor guy really wanted a prime rib bone too.   A look at the table before the carnage.

 
We did manage to get in a nice ride early on in the day with lots of climbing.  I figured I totally earned that extra glass, or bottle of wine.  Max didn't get to eat any of the scraps after last years fiasco where we made him super sick!  Poor guy really wanted a prime rib bone too.
 
So for 2013 I have applied to be a part of the Wattie Ink Elite Team, and I have all fingers and toes crossed that I get picked!  It would be an amazing opportunity and experience.  I only raced twice in 2012 and I really hope that doesn't ruin my chances because 2013 is going to be an awesome year full of swim, bike, run.  Next years schedule is below.  Since we will be moving to Sacramento next summer/fall some races will be added or subtracted I'm just not sure which ones yet.  Vineman will be the A race next year and I'm looking forward to it.  There is so much time to get my speed to what I know I am capable of.  It's time to put in the work!   
 
February Pasadena Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon with a goal to run under 1:35
March 9 Solvang Century Ride with Derek's collegues from LLBS
April 13 Big Rock Olympic Triathlon @ Lake Perris
May 11 Bonelli Olympic
June 13 Bonelli Olympic
July Vineman 70.3
September The Triathlon at Pacific Grove; Olympic on Sat and Sprint on Sunday
September 70.3 Worlds (if I qualify @ Vineman)
October/November either Augusta 70.3 or Austin 70.3 (TBD)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment