Friday, July 8, 2011

Yay for July!

I love July!  I think it may be one of my favorite months.  It's summer, hot, full of BBQing, swimming, days at the beach and the Tour!  When I was little and on vacation in Gold Beach with my family I used to hate it when my Uncle Jim made us watch the Tour de France everyday.  I thought it was silly to watch men ride around on bicycles, who does that?  Fast forward to now, and I can't wait to get home and watch the days coverage of the Tour.  I'm glued to the television for 3 hours watching the latest stage.  I even love the announcers.  I'm really hoping that Andy Schleck and Cadel Evans kick ass in the mountain stages, and that Thor holds onto the yellow for a few more days. 

As far as my own training, Derek and I have been logging a lot of miles on the bike, meters in the pool.  Unfortunately I've been running alone, since Derek has a nagging Achilles injury.  I like running alone but I also miss my partner and having someone to talk to.  We recently started biking along the San Gabriel River Trail, and it's awesome!  I love it.  We could ride all the way to Long Beach if we wanted.  I really like that we can ride 50 miles without having to think about cars or anything.  Every now and  again a squirrel jumps out to play chicken with me, but I have yet to run one over.  Hopefully that day doesn't come!  Derek just bought me 2 really cute cycling kits from Betty Designs which I love! (see pic below).  I also have an Adamo seat from her and water bottles.  I love her stuff and can't wait to get more.  The next thing on my wish list is a workout bikini.


On the trail in my awesome Betty Designs jersey.

Vineman is a little over a week away, and I'm getting really excited but also a bit nervous.  The last 2 days I've had a really sore throat and my nose is bothering me.  I keep telling myself it's allergies, but as a precaution I've been drinking Airborne and all kinds of stuff like that.  I'd hate to have put all this time and energy and then get sick the week before!  I'll still race, unless I'm bedridden, but I really want to be able to do my best on race day.  I've done all that I can do up until now and just enjoy my taper week and bring whatever I have to the table next weekend.  Hopefully I'll feel better!  I can't wait to get away for a long weekend with Derek, even if it won't be that relaxing.  It'll be fun to get out of town, see family, race and drink some wine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment